When I first started in the commercial real estate business, there was a very simple maxim: ask the CEO where he or she lived, and find a property that offered a convenient commute. However, my experience in the business has shown it’s rarely that simple. When companies look for space, they have a lot of conflicting criteria that they use in order to evaluate different NYC locations. For example:
- How is the subway access?
- Are there good restaurants and stores nearby?
- Is the vicinity very crowded?
- Can you get a taxi conveniently?
- Is there parking available?